Between 3 and 6 July a short joint training session took place for the staff of the organisations participating in the project.The main objective of this meeting was for partners to share their knowledge and address the challenges facing industry personnel, consumer associations and the relevant consumer authorities with regard to the e-commerce of safe children’s products.
During the event, partners shared knowledge in line with their profile and experience in the field of e-commerce of safe children’s products, covering a wide variety of topics including:
- the legal perspective of the rights and obligations of consumers and manufacturers;
- the viewpoint of SMEs in this field, their needs and challenges;
- the safety of children’s product in the EU, standards and regulations;
- the key aspects of online sales during the purchase process, where the brand is no longer a distinguishing feature as it was some years ago, and where more and more users trust their peers when it comes to making a purchase;
- the methodology for the generation of specific training content for potential users of the intellectual products of the e-COM 4 CHILDREN project.
The sharing of ideas and exchange of knowledge made it possible to define the scope of action within the framework of the project, to devise new project ideas, and for partners to exchange best practices with each other.
The training activity included the participation of two children’s products companies from the area: toy manufacturer Clementoni and online retailer Dadie Mattoncini. They presented their points of view on the needs of companies in the industry regarding the online market. It became clear that the market is changing and that the industry requires training to face these new challenges.